Author / Product:John T. Haller / Google Chrome Portable (32-bit) Google Chrome Portable is a fast, secure and free web browser for your Windows PC. Designed to keep you safe. Custom themes and extensions. One browser, all devices. Chrome Portable for Desktop features a small number of user interfaces, its user-interface policies are later.
Download from PortableApps.com
Version 87.0.4280.141 for Windows, Multilingual
60MB download / 200MB installed
Notes Antivirus Scan Details
This is an online installer that will download Google Chrome Dev during setup
- Just like Google Chrome, SRWare Iron Portable is a web browser based on Chromium. The only difference is that Iron focuses on a more secured environment. Since this is a portable product.
- Download the Chrome browser: Don't have the Chrome browser on your computer? Download it now for free. Download Google Chrome Portable: Google Chrome Portable is a web browser that runs web pages and applications with lightning speed. When you download the file, save it to a location you can easily find later like your desktop. This is just the.
- This is an online installer that will download Google Chrome Dev during setup Google Chrome Portable 64-bit Stable (Test) can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Google Chrome Portable 64-bit Stable (Test) can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Also Available: Google Chrome Stable, Google Chrome Beta, Google Chrome Dev
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
For testers, developers and other advanced users, a test package of the Stable channel 64-bit version of Google Chrome is available as a portable app. It will install alongside your standard install of Google Chrome Portable in GoogleChromePortable64 folder. This is a temporary test as the 64-bit package will soon be combined into the main Google Chrome Portable package as a dual-mode app. The standard Chrome description follows: Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way. It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications lightning fast. Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box and arrange tabs however you wish -- quickly and easily. Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, auto-updates to make sure you have all the latest security fixes, and more. Chrome puts you in control of your private information while helping protect the information you share when you're online. There are tons of ways to customize Chrome and make it yours. It's easy to tweak your settings and add apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store. Signing in to Chrome brings your bookmarks, history, and other settings to all your computers. It also automatically signs you in to all your favorite Google services.
Passwords Not Saved Between PCs By Default: Google Chrome stores passwords in such a way that they are encrypted in a way tied to current PC. While the passwords are not kept or left behind on the PC itself, they won't be retrievable when you move to a new PC. We've added password portability as an advanced option, though, which you can enable by reading the help.html file.
Certificates Not Portable: Google Chrome has no certificate manager. It uses Windows' certificates manager. So, any certificates you install through the Google Chrome interface are stored on the current local machine and will not travel with you. Thus, you should not use any private certificates with Google Chrome except on your own PC.
Some Settings Locked Per PC: Google Chrome locks specific settings to a given PC. Details are included in this post. This behavior is by design by the Chrome team. If you would like this changed, please file a bug with the Chrome team. A suggested workaround is to sign in to Google to restore all settings and extensions and to use an extension such as Session Buddy to maintain your session state as you move PCs. Note that PortableApps.com has not evaluated this extension.
Note that other portable browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition do not have any of the issues mentioned above. These issues are specific to Chrome due to Chrome's design and not something we can work around without fixes to the base app by the Chrome developers.
For help with this app, please see the following:
- PortableApps.com: Internet Support Forum
- Publisher: Google & PortableApps.com (John T. Haller)
- Date Updated: 2021-01-09
- Date Added: 2009-05-28
- System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10
- App License: Freeware (Partially open source under BSD)
- Source: Google Chrome Dev, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 2ed97985c52b8500c3b4e8030f84fee7
- SHA256 Hash: 0380b61956adc72e5bb2874275c7de91eb407cd48f7f8f0d5c650665cc1df9d8
PortableApps.com is not affiliated with Google. Google and Chrome are trademarks of Google, Inc.
There are tons of different browsers out there and each has made its mark, but Google Chrome has got to be one of the most popular web browsers out there.
The portable version of Google Chrome is made available by PortableApps and it's obviously also compatible with the PortableApps platform.
Chrome Browser Portable Download
With that said, Google Chrome Portable does not require installation at all. You can download this application (which itself downloads Chrome) and installs the executable to a directory of your choice.
Google Chrome Portable includes all of the features that Google Chrome does, it just doesn't embed itself in to the Windows Registry and it doesn't install to Program Files.
The great thing about Google Chrome Portable is that is also supports all of the apps available from the Chrome Store. That enables you to extend the functionality of Google Chrome by adding custom functionality and features to it. It comes in 32-bit and 64-bit packages.
Overall, Google Chrome Portable is an excellent web browser that's both fast and able to render virtually any web page that's standards compliant.
Portable Google Chrome Browser Free Download
Features and highlights
- Quick to start up
- Loads web pages in a snap
- Runs web applications faster than ever
- Designed for efficiency and ease of use
- Search and navigate to web pages from the same box
- Arrange and organize tabs however you wish, quickly and easily
- Get to your favorite websites with just a click, from the thumbnails of your most visited sites in the New Tab page
- Supports themes
Google Chrome Portable 87.0.4280.141 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from internet browsers without restrictions. Google Chrome Portable 87.0.4280.141 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.
The program was created by the developer as a freeware product, but donations for the continued development are highly appreciated. You may generally make a donation via the developer's main web site.Filed under:
Google Internet Browser Free Download
- Google Chrome Portable Download
- Freeware Internet Browsers
- Open source and GPL software
- Portable Software
- Major release: Google Chrome Portable 87.0